Adult Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Adult, Female Volunteer Mentors – We need volunteers to serve as mentors to our female residents. Individuals must commit to one year of service and be available for 6 to 8 hours a month during weekends and evenings.
- Teachers for Summer Program – Share your skills with our children. Teachers commit to regularly scheduled class during the summer sessions. Examples include: music, arts and crafts, etc.
- Speaker's Forum – Lend your voice to us. Present educational and recreationally focused talks and presentations to potential volunteers, donors and supporters.
- Cottage Volunteers – Assigned to one cottage and a group of 6 to 8 residents for group fun and recreation.
- Tutors – Assist residents with school work during the year.
- Transportation Help – Volunteer to drive individual children to doctor's appointments, church, school functions, etc.
- Recreation Volunteer/Holiday Helper
Application will be interviewed and must fill out a registration and information form that includes references. Volunteers must take a TB exam, have a driving record and pass a criminal history background check. A two hour training and orientation session is provided.
For information, email [email protected].
Click here to download the Volunteer Application form.
Garage Sale Volunteers
Thank you to our 2012 Garage Sale volunteers! We appreciate you!
- Move-Out Day Saturday before the Garage Sale – We need individuals and groups to load trucks at our warehouse for transport to the Palmer Events Center, as well as volunteers to help unload at the Palmer Events Center.
- Garage Sale Day Volunteers – Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the weekend of the Garage Sale. Volunteers are needed to sell merchandise, cashier and provide security.