2012 has been an amazing and memorable year for The Settlement Home. There are so many things we’ve accomplished this year, yet we look forward to 2013 and the future.
In 2012, we…
- Participated in Clear Your Clutter Day and collected countless things for the Garage Sale.
- Celebrated six young ladies at a Quinceanera.
- Sent our girls to summer camps and on fun summer excursions.
- Recognized more than 70 Community Youth Council members at SpringFest.
- Acknowledged members of the Mildred Gregg Wendlandt Legacy Society.
- Continued to expand our presence online through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, our blog and the website.
- Celebrated the one-year anniversary of the Transitional Living Program. This program provides an apartment, guidance and support for young women who are 18 or older.
- Reached a record at our 2012 Charity Garage Sale, which raised $625,000! More than 1,200 people attended the Preview Party and more than 20,000 shoppers attended the sale.
- Adopted Lanier High School as part of our Giving for Living program, providing each student with a $25 voucher to use at the Garage Sale.
- Thanked the two groups worked tirelessly to makeover Colony Creek. It looks fabulous!
- Consummated three adoptions and verified eight foster and adoptive families.
- Shared Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations with our children, families, friends and supporters.
A few memories from this year…