Spread the word about National Foster Care Month and take action to help children.
Join us this month as we celebrate children and recognize those who work to provide a them a better future, including staff members, foster and adoptive parents, and volunteers. There are many ways individuals and the community can support foster children, including:
– Volunteer: Donate your time as a mentor, organize an activity for our children or come up with another creative way to use your talents to connect to a child.
– Donate: Give a financial gift that will help provide therapeutic care, housing, medical care, educational needs and other important services. Click here to donate.
– Give: By donating items, you help off-set the costs of purchasing these items. See our Wish List here for examples of items to donate.
– Become a Foster Parent: Foster parents provide love and support while children grieve the disruption in their life from being placed in foster care and the pain that their parents’ neglect or abuse has created. Open your heart and home as a foster parent. Learn more by clicking here.
– Become an Adoptive Parent: The Settlement Home facilitates adoptions for children in the foster care system. Our knowledgeable staff matches families and children, helping them find a permanent home. Click here for more information.
According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, there are more than 400,000 children and youth in foster care. You can make a difference in the life of a child by providing support, care and a loving home. Contact us for more information at 512-836-2150.